Sunday, September 14, 2008

Kickin' it into high gear...

I am noticing a pattern. A pattern to this school year thing. Now, you would think that I'd be pretty clued in, since I used to be a teacher, but I guess I've forgotten, having been out of the workforce for 8 years.

The first couple of weeks of school... a cake walk. There are no spelling words... there are no projects... there are no practices...
I guess this has been the adjustment period. 3 weeks is it.

Well.... no more! Now, keep in mind, I have a 1st grader and a 2nd grader... I KNOW that the older they get, the sooner they will get homework and projects, etc. But I wasn't prepared for this week. Time to get down to business.

Time for Brownies and Cub Scouts and piano lessons and baseball and dance and spelling homework and a timeline project and reading logs and field trips and 1st grade reading night..... yep... that's pretty much what the calendar looks like for the next week and a half. Not to mention Hairy Man Meetings (I'll explain later) and teaching classes and packing lunches and organizing playdates. (and doing laundry and cooking dinner and blah, blah, blah... no need to explain any of this to any of you mommies out there!)

Makes me miss summer just a little bit...

1 comment:

Shanda Boatright said...

I didn't see work listed on your weekly to do list. Are you try to tell us something??? :o)


Blog Archive