Saturday, January 16, 2010

Choking up

Today I worked a shift for someone at the scrapbook store. I still do that occasionally because it is nice to be out, talking to people.

You know... people who don't need me to pack a lunch for them. Or need me to do their laundry.

And these people? Out in the world? Well, some of them actually believe me when I tell them that I know what I'm talking about.

So I was gone almost the entire day, and I had to miss a basketball game, and the whole 'dropping off and picking up from a birthday party' routine, and a trip for ice cream.

Yeah. I was bummed about the ice cream.

Fortunately when I got home, the hubs had dinner made (LOVE that man!), and we went around the table, telling the best part of our day. (oh, yes... every day. Too precious, I know.)

And my boy... my son... that 7 year old that knows just how to push my buttons and drive me stark raving mad on any given day, says...

"The best part of my day was when Momma got home."



Seriously. I almost started to cry. I was completely touched.





And then I asked him what he wanted. ;)

No comments: