Friday, January 8, 2010

Post-game Wrap-up...

Not much of a blog today.

Yeah, yeah. I *know* it’s just a game. But it didn’t feel very much like one last night.
It didn’t play out the way so many of us had pictured it. Or had wanted to picture it. And that all became very clear, very quickly.

The injury to Colt, that poor scared ice-cold freshman quarterback, and the disastrous shovel pass. Oh, that shovel pass. Sh*t.

And when it was in the bag for Bama, you didn’t have to be a Longhorn fan to think that Nick Saban is a complete douche bag for not taking a knee when there was a minute and a half left in the game. Have some class, you clown.

And you would have to have a heart of stone if it didn’t break just a little bit for Colt McCoy during his post game interview.

For me, it will always be the ‘game that might have been’. Might have been a different outcome. Might have been another National Championship for the burnt orange. We’ll never know.

So, yeah, I’m bummed. But I’m proud, too. Proud of my team and their effort… proud of my alma mater… proud of the Horns.

Hook ‘em.

2 comments:

Ashley Wood said...

I was proud to be from Texas myself watching them play last night. During Colt's post game interview I dang near cried looking at the mental and physical pain on that boys face. So close and such a good game. Can't wait to see what Gilbert does in the next few years if THAT was his inagural bowl game :)

Uncle Dave said...

A hollow victory for Alabama fans to be sure. And disappointing for football fans everywhere. BUT, to be down only 3 with a couple of minutes to go...great, considering. I got choked up reading an account of Colt trying, and failing, to throw a pass to his dad in the training room after the injury. Finally, you don't have to look far in this part of the(LSU)country to find someone that thinks Saban is a douchebag...