Sunday, January 3, 2010

Oh deer...

And so the phone rings…

Me: Hello?

P: Hey honey.

Me: Did you get one?!

P: Yeah. I got a spike buck. I thought it was a doe at first, but after I got to it, I realized it was a spike.

Me: Did you take a picture?!!

P: Um, no.

Me (crestfallen): … But I even sent the camera with you. In that manly little pink case?







P: Well, I *did* take a picture of it after it was skinned.

Me: Oooh, gross. You didn’t make Chris take a picture of you with it *before* you skinned it?

P: Nope.

Me: Well, damn, honey. I can’t put that on my blog! Didn’t you even *think* about the blog?!

The great white hunter got himself a deer. He killed it. He gutted it. He skinned it. Well… technically, my brother skinned it, but I guess that’s what happens when you’re the experienced hunter who takes on the novice ;) He and my brother will be processing it next week.

So, it wasn’t a big trophy buck. I’m cool with that. All that means is that I get deer meat in my freezer, and I never have to look at anything like this…




...cause that's just wrong.

Way to go, honey! Can't wait to make up some chili :)

4 comments:

Wendy said...

So glad to know that I'm not the only wife pushing her husband out the door to kill a deer so that the freezer will be filled with the meat.

ps. I'm glad you did the post about The Hangover unrated version bc I knew exactly where to find it when my hubby wanted it.

Stacy said...

Wooohoooo! Way to go Phil. My favorite is the dried deer sausage. I could eat that stuff all day long!

jen said...

Nice Job Phil. Except you know you should have taken a picture. I guess we will have to come visit soon so we can taste some of that deer meat :)

Veronica said...

How dare he not take a picture?! Does he not remember who he belongs to?!!!!! BTW, love the pic of Santa's reindeer :-)